Good scores on practice exams?

General discussion on Physical Therapy Assistants / Aides

Re: Good scores on practice exams?

Postby zonule » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:43 pm

I am fixin to take boards in a month. 100 on first 2 exams from giles. It sounds like thats enough to pass the boards, so they say. Seems like it should be higher for some reason. Anyone else pass the boards with those scores?
zonule

Postby zonule » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Ok, I scored a 105 on A FSBPT practice test. It is a supposedly harder test than scorebuilders. A buddy of mine just took the boards and passed first time out. He got 110 and 107 on the scorebuilders exams the evening before, which was not recommended by scorebuilders. He studied for about a week and a half from notes, and said he did not even pick up the scorebuilders book. Go figure. Maybe he is smarted than I think? He and I are admittedly no geniuses by any means. Although he did score relatively high on practice exams with little study. HMMMMM . Anyways, I hope I'm in the ballpark. Any feedback would be helpful.
zonule

Postby baines » Tue May 24, 2011 10:14 am

kgrimespta..everyone..hello im getting ready to take my test as well. i saw that u are on ur third time taking it and i was just curious what kind of scores did u get on any practice test that u took? i just took the first practice test for scott giles and got 88/150..im really nervous that i will never pass this test. neuro keeps killing me. is there anyone that was close to my score that passed the test and if so how much did u score on the test?
baines

Postby zonule » Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 am

Baines,

I am not trying to dicourage you, but try to get that score up. I passed the PTA test! Whew! The test was much more difficult than I expected. I thought there was a good chance I failed. I passed by a moderate margin. As you could see, I had 100's and a 115 on the scorebuilders exams. I felt prepared and ready, but wow, I had a difficult time. There are 50 questions that are not scored that probably contributed to the difficulty. But to be clear, the majority of the questions on the test I got were not quick and simple. I had to think my way through almost every question. Several questions were not something you could really study for. Safety/common sense scenario questions were all over the place. Anyways, going by the scores I got on practice exams and what I got for a final exam score, I would have to say they were pretty close close. I scored a bit above average on the real deal and the practice exams.
zonule

Postby baines » Tue May 31, 2011 2:52 pm

zonule,

Thanks for the information. i really appreciate it. i took the 2nd score builders test and got a 91/150 so not much improvement. i really struggle with the neuro part and thats about it.i do really well on the other parts. what was your passing score on the real test? you need a 600 to pass correct?
thanks again, baines
baines

Postby antishaz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:58 am

Hi… that was great stuff..
antishaz

Postby incredible » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:01 pm

I am looking for a study partner for the PTA exam in NY. Please if any one is interested.
incredible

Postby dinaalturk » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:01 am

Hi, i'm studying for the npta exam, i scored 107 and 111 out of 150. I only used scorebuilder. Do you guys think im ready to take the exam... Plz help
dinaalturk

Postby dinaalturk » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Can anybody answer me plz.. I need your advice.. How am i supposed to know if im ready to take the exam. As i posted before i got 107 and 111 out of 150 on the giles prectice tests. Please tell me somthing?
dinaalturk

Postby dinaalturk » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Please guys im just asking for an advice...i took the first PEAT test and i got 100 out of 150. Which is 66.7%...... Does this score mean im ready to pass the real test or not.... Plz write back
dinaalturk

Postby shazichapi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:19 am

Awesome!! It’s just what I need!! Thanks!............
shazichapi

Postby dinaalturk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:07 pm

My exam will be on feb/13 .... I'm so scared of this exam.. I wish i can pass it from the first try because i'm trying my best... I'm trying to take it easy because im pregnant with my first baby but it seems hard. Im praying to god.. I took the PEAT and i got 100 and 102 out of 150... Im not sure if i can make it with these scores. Is there anybody who can give me some tips or anybody who is in the same boat. Good luck :D
dinaalturk

Postby jhambng » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 pm

dinaalturk, we just had Scorebuilders teach our class for 2 days. Your scores on Giles (Scorebuilders) are very good. They equate the passing score of 600 to getting a target score of 98 on those practice tests. The PEAT scores are a bit weak because we were told the target score is 101, but you are near passing on both your attempts. I would brush up in your deficient areas for the next couple of weeks, and not stress out too terribly much about it (if that's possible). Good luck!
jhambng

Postby dinaalturk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:26 pm

To "jhambng"
Thank you for your support and advice, its really encouraging to hear from people who are in the same situation :P ... If you didn't take the exam i'll be praying for you... I'll take your advice. I studied three chapters after i took my PEAT now i'll go over my 8 practice tests again. Then, at the last two days i'll review some neuro. I hope this will be enough. When are you planning to take the test?
dinaalturk

Postby MistyPTA » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm taking the boards 10/30/12.....9 days. EEEEEEEEEEEEk!

I have failed every practice test. I've gotten anywhere from a 88 (when first starting studying) to a 105 on the SB practice tests. I bought the PEAT exams and bombed those. 95/150 on the one...I was deans list most of my time during PTA school and I am just so nervous and anxious. I re-took a SB test to really focus on the way the questions are asked and I ended up scoring an 80% I know that's not recommended to take them more than once but ohwell. I'm so scared!!!!
MistyPTA

PreviousNext

Return to PTA Talk